How much does the delivery of Certified Used equipment cost?
Our delivery charges vary, and are calculated according to:
- your business's location
- the equipment's location (we ship from warehouses in Auckland and Christchurch)
- the equipment's cubic weight
- any fuel levies/surcharges that apply
Our rates are updated regularly to reflect the current charges of our transport services as closely as possible. You will receive a delivery quote for your chosen equipment at checkout once you've entered the destination address. Our delivery charges are sometimes negotiable; if you’d like to discuss them, please contact us.
In addition to the terms outlined below taken from SilverChef's full Terms and Conditions, the following conditions also apply:
- Nothing in these Terms shall oblige Silver Chef to accept return of Certified Used Equipment if such Certified Used Equipment is damaged in transit where such Certified Used Equipment is collected by the customer or its transport agent from the Certified Used facilities or from the Trustee Re-Sellers.
- If collecting the Certified Used Equipment from the Certified Used facilities or Trustee Re-Sellers in person, safe loading and unloading of Certified Used Equipment is the Customer’s responsibility. The Customer must ensure that an appropriate vehicle is used for safe loading and transport of the Certified Used Equipment. Due to COVID-19 health restrictions, the Certified Used facility staff or Trustee Re-Seller staff may limit the type of loading assistance provided due to safety risk. Appropriate closed footwear is required to be worn at all times at the Certified Used facilities.
In addition to the Warranty Exclusions noted in section 16 of the T&Cs, the warranty is void if the Certified Used Equipment is damaged in transit where the Certified Used Equipment has been collected by the Customer or its transport agents.
As per SilverChef Terms and Conditions:
1. Inspection, Replacement and Return of Certified Used Equipment
- The Customer has 7 working days from the date of delivery to inspect the Certified Used Equipment and if the Customer believes that it does not agree with the relevant specifications or descriptions, then it must advise SilverChef within 7 days of the delivery in writing of this. If no such notice is received by SilverChef within 7 days, the Certified Used Equipment is deemed to have been accepted in good order and condition and no claim for credit, non-delivery or return of Certified Used Equipment will be accepted.
- In the event that SilverChef accepts the return of Certified Used Equipment:
- a full refund will be provided if the Certified Used Equipment is not provided as per the stated product specifications or the Certified Used Equipment is assessed by Silver Chef as faulty;
- if the Certified Used Equipment is returned due to any reason outside of warranty inclusions or simply due to change of mind:
- A re-stocking fee of 15% of the invoice value of the Certified Used Equipment will be charged. The fee will be deducted from the funds paid and balance funds will be refunded to the Customer.
- The Customer will be liable to pay the transport and associated costs of returning the Certified Used Equipment to SilverChef or its Trustee Re-Sellers and shall pay the transport costs to SilverChef or Trustee Re-Sellers if return has been facilitated by SilverChef or Trustee Re-Sellers.
- The Certified Used Equipment must be returned in the same condition as delivered to the Customer with all packaging material, brochures and instruction material.
- Nothing in these Terms shall oblige SilverChef to accept returns of Certified Used Equipment if such Certified Used Equipment is damaged during assembly or installation and nothing shall oblige SilverChef to pay any of the costs of assembly or installation or be responsible for any losses arising from defective assembly or installation.
- Nothing in these Terms shall oblige SilverChef to accept the return of modified Certified Used Equipment or Certified Used Equipment modified to the Customer’s agreed specifications. The Customer acknowledges that they shall hold SilverChef indemnified from any claims for losses, damages, law suits and claims of whatsoever arising from the delivery of modified Certified Used Equipment to the Customer’s agreed specifications. The Customer shall not be entitled to any refund for moneys paid in relation to the modification, cancellation or return of modified Certified Used Equipment.
- Equipment may be replaced with equivalent equipment (price, capacity and function) if available at SilverChef’s absolute discretion in the event that:
13.5.1. equipment is damaged in transit where freight has been organised by SilverChef; or
13.5.2. equipment is faulty as per sections 15 and 16 of this document.
15. Certified Used Equipment Warranty Cover
15.1 With the exception of matters specified in Section 16, the Certified Used Equipment is supplied, where noted, with parts and labour warranty.
15.2 The warranty is applicable to Certified Used Equipment purchased as a direct sale or rented on a Rental Contract.
15.3 Some Certified Used Equipment is supplied in an “as is” state and is not supplied with a warranty. Where this is applicable it will be clearly noted at the time of purchase.
15.4 Silver Chef provides warranty on parts and labour against faulty material or workmanship for a period of 3 calendar months from the date of delivery of the Certified Used Equipment unless otherwise agreed in writing.
16. Warranty Exclusions
16.1 The warranty covers all components contained within the Certified Used Equipment but do not include matters that Silver Chef determines to fall in the following categories:
16.1.1. Breakage of glass or plastic components of the Certified Used Equipment;
16.1.2. Replacement of lights, fluorescent tubes, gaskets or components which have been damaged by exposure to spillage;
16.1.3. Damage or failure of the Certified Used Equipment as a consequence of not removing packaging and transport materials before use;
16.1.4. Parts subject to wear and tear including but not limited to filters, oil, fuses, heating elements, lamps, batteries, handles, locks, hinges;
16.1.5. Certified Used Equipment which has not been installed in accordance with Silver Chef’s or the manufacturer’s specifications;
16.1.6. Extraordinary and unforeseeable events (voltage surges, irregular electric power supply, natural events and disaster, riots etc.);
16.1.7. Repair or replacement of Certified Used Equipment not bearing original serial numbers or compliance plates;
16.1.8. Damage caused to Certified Used Equipment due to improper use of cleaning agents, detergents, bleaches or other chemical additives or agents of a corrosive nature;
16.1.9. Any damage arising from any modification of the Certified Used Equipment that has taken place without prior authorisation from Silver Chef;
16.1.10. Any use of the Certified Used Equipment for any reason other than its originally specified purpose;
16.1.11. Certified Used Equipment which are moved or repositioned whilst loaded with any stored products. Such products must be removed prior to movement. (All units are stationary units and not designed for regular movement on casters or legs);
16.1.12. Carelessness, negligence or use other than that for which the Certified Used Equipment is designed;
16.1.13. Certified Used Equipment not performing correctly as a result of it being used in an environment whereby the ambient temperature and relative humidity are outside the operating parameters specified for the Certified Used Equipment;
16.1.14. Certified Used Equipment not placed on a level and properly positioned in relation to clearances, heat / cold sources and airflow;
16.1.15. Refrigeration fans, condensers and units not been properly maintained, kept clean and free of blockages at all times. Bench fridges & freezers must be placed not closer than 100 mm to walls or other equipment.
16.2 The warranty is void if the Certified Used Equipment has not been maintained and serviced, or if the Equipment has been subject to misuse, negligence or accident, operated incorrectly or serviced by unauthorised persons.
16.3 The Customer must not carry out any remedial work to the alleged defective Certified Used Equipment without first obtaining the written consent of Silver Chef to do so.
16.4 The Customer’s failure to provide written notice to Silver Chef within the required timeframe noted in section 13 will release and discharge Silver Chef from any obligation or liability arising from the warranty.
16.5 The warranty extends only to the Customer and to no other person.
16.6 The Customer agrees that it has not relied upon Silver Chef, its employees, servants or agents’ skill or judgment in selecting the equipment for any particular purpose and, insofar as the law permits, the sale or rental of the Certified Used Equipment is made without any warranty by Silver Chef, its employees, servants or agents that the Certified Used Equipment are suitable for any particular purpose. The Customer will be responsible for ensuring that the Equipment is suitable for the intended use by the Customer.
16.7 “Back to Base Warranty” applies to any Certified Used Equipment that can be carried and placed into a standard vehicle for return (or sent via pre-paid freight) to Silver Chef’s closest official service agent. Delivery to Silver Chef or its service agents, is at the Customer's care and expense. Warranty call outs for non-carriable items will be undertaken as per Section 17.1.
16.8 The provisions of any act or law implying terms, conditions and warranties, or any other terms, conditions and warranties which might otherwise apply to or arise out of the sale or rental of the Certified Used Equipment are hereby expressly negated and excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
16.9 Silver Chef will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from return or repair of the Certified Used Equipment.
2. Cancellation of Orders
- No Order may be cancelled, modified or deferred without the prior written consent of SilverChef and if SilverChef consents to any cancellation, modification or deferral, the Customer is liable to pay SilverChef a cancellation fee being 15% of the invoice.
- Cancellation, modification and deferral of Certified Used Equipment rented on a Rental Contract will be dealt with in accordance with Rental Contract Terms and Conditions.